Thursday, October 22, 2015

For the Record...Now I'm Following You

Originally to be released as the third single from ‘I'm Breathless, ‘Now I'm Following You’ was cancelled due to the release of The Immaculate Collection.  Warner Brothers favored ‘Justify My Love’ and ‘Rescue Me’ as the next singles in her catalog.  A remixed version of the song was commissioned by Grammy Award-winning remixer Mark Saunders but never released.  The12" remix can be heard on his website at www.marksaunders.com.

Although the song appears in the movie ‘Dick Tracy’ the version on ‘I’m Breathless’ is different from the one in the film. The film version was not performed by Madonna, but by the composer Andy Paley.

Madonna gave an electrifying performance of the song on her 1990 ‘Blond Ambition’ tour.  Check it out below.

Would you have liked to of have 'Now I'm Following You' released as a single back in 1990?

No comments:

Post a Comment