Friday, July 12, 2013

Lola’s Summer, Sun, and Selfies


Hi everyone and happy summer! I find that now that summer is here, and the sun is LITERALLY blazing on my face and body, I really appreciate winter. I mean…my hair gets hot…my hair! Despite the excess back sweat one gets from walking two blocks, it’s nice to get some vitamin D and be able to go to the beach and hang out outside, obviously. Ironically, my friends and I always plan to hang out in the park and end up at someone’s house with air conditioning.
Recently I’ve been listening to a lot of Fiona Apple, she’s very intense in her lyrics I cannot imagine what it would be like to be inside her head when she’s writing a song. INTENSEINTENSEINTENSE. Even though her music was famous a little while ago, my friend played the song “Criminal” for me and I immediately downloaded a grotesque number of her songs.
With that in mind, I thought I would share a few other songs that I’ve been listening to lately and create a kind of playlist.




Fiona Apple – Dull Tool

King Geedorah- Next Levels

Cassius- I Love You So (Skream Remix)

Tweet- Oops (Oh My)

Street Fighter- Digital Freq

Haim- Don’t Save Me

Cat Power- Metal Heart

Kanye – Gotta Have It

Nas- It Ain’t Hard To Tell (Remix)

Klangkarussell- Sonnentanz

Frank Ocean- Swim Good

So hopefully y’all can check out that list for some summer jamz – it’s a variety of different genres so I think there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
Because summer can be such an uncomfortable month, I’ve been trying to wear clothing other than really tight high-waisted cut off shorts that create an awkward wedgie and impair your breathing most of the time (you know the ones). Loose dresses are really the way to go for me this time around. If you go to a thrift store and find really long old lady dresses just chop the dresses with some scissors (my mother hates this) and you’re comfy all day. If you are a girl like myself who doesn’t sit like a lady naturally, or if your dress comes up with the wind, just break out the black mini bike shorts underneath the dress. Who doesn’t love bike shorts? They are a much more comfortable alternative to the jean underwear we’ve been accustomed to for the past 4 summers.
Finally, I saw the movie “This Is the End” a few days ago and may I just say that it was spectacular. It’s a mush of like 15 hilarious actors in an action movie with great special effects. I mean… who doesn’t love that?? AMIRITE? I won’t tell you much else about it, but I will say that an exorcism is performed on America’s Sweetheart, aka Jonah Hill. I truly recommend it if you have the time to go see it, or if you just want to stream it illegally that is fine as well.

Thank you for reading and have a beautiful summer!

Tootle-oo.

Lolaxo







No comments:

Post a Comment