Friday, February 24, 2012

Just Saying...

Lady Gaga fumes at NME for “Most Pretentious Album Ever” but it’s true… The bitchy side to Lady Gaga came out in full force last night. When NME magazine sent her a tweet with their article containing ‘The 10 Most Pretentious Albums Ever’, Gaga took major offense to it and even raged about it to her 20 million followers. ‘Born This Way’ was one of the albums that made the list, and funnily enough, despite NME putting Gaga up as a nomination for the worst album, they did in deed initially review it with an 8/10 rating! *sips tea*

Taking to her twitter, a clearly annoyed Gaga wrote: “Oh the irony of winning “Most Pretentious Album Ever” from none other than NME. *eyeroll* I might laugh forever + then return to narcissism”.

Hilarious and priceless.

Can Gaga actually deny being a narcissist? I can point out a number of things that makes ‘Born This Way’ a pretentious album.

1. Gaga, her team, her producers and practically everyone in her circle overhyped the album, claiming it to be her best work, and the next best thing since Michael Jackson‘s ‘Thriller’ months before it was even released. That IS pretty pretentious in my book.

2. Gaga’s team cheated and pulled manipulative tactics to get the album to sell over a million copies in its first week. This prompted Billboard to change their chart policies after the singer released the album for 99 cents (through Amazon‘s Cloud service). Giving away an album for next to nothing does not show authenticity in the intent of the record buying public, which defines pretentious in the highest form!

3. Gaga will steal borrow the melody from a certain pop legend and call it her own. Ironically, this is not the first time, NME got underneath Gaga’s tits. When they questioned her about claims she ripped off Madonna‘s ‘Express Yourself’ for her lead single ‘Born This Way’, she angrily replied: “Just because I’m the first f*cking artist in 25 years to think of putting [the same similar chord progression] on Top 40 radio, it doesn’t mean I’m a plagiarist, it means that I’m f*cking smart”. To this day, Gaga has never directly credited Madonna for the blatant influences and at the Grammy Awards last year, she thanked Whitney Houston for her inspiration behind ‘Born This Way’. Pretentious!

I rest my case.

4 comments:

  1. I'm training my patience, to wait the action of time... time will prove who LG is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great entry! you're 100% right. Born This Way is pretentious and Gaga is extremely narcissist. In my opinion she's WAY over rated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gaga ran out of ideas. It will be very intersting to see what she's do on her next album.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her album is pretentious as well as the over the top videos this era. She is so far up her ass with this ‘everything I do is art’ bs. I don’t know when she became so insufferable. I only got into Fame/Fame Monster doing the BTW era. I guess I was a little late jumping on the bandwagon but I will admit she is talented and can perform. She just needs to give the pretentiousness a rest for a minute. To claim your album is the next thriller is ridiculous. Let the album speak for itself. She has always had this annoying habit of over hyping her stuff.
    Just stop gaga.

    ReplyDelete