Thursday, February 2, 2012

Madonna: The Truth Is She Never Left You

The Advocate has written an exquisite article on Madonna, and we really enjoyed reading it!! So much so that we feel it necessary to share the HIGHlights with U!!

In it, they ask her Madgesty how she feels on Time's referral to her "as the Lady GaGa of the 80s," mothering as Madge, and her latest directorial baby — W.E..

Ready to read some of her answers?? Here U go...



On GaGa's relationship with gay men:
It seems genuine. It seems natural, and I can see why she has a young gay following. I can see that they connect to her kind of not fitting into the conventional norm. I mean, she’s not Britney Spears. She’s not built like a brick shithouse. She seems to have had a challenging upbringing, and so I can see where she would also have that kind of connection, a symbiotic relationship with gay men.


On the media and its effects:
When people are writing about you in the beginning and they’re saying nice things, you’re like, ‘Oh!’ You feel this lift of energy. Then they say bad things, and of course, you’re affected by that too. I don’t really dwell on it anymore. I used to be kind of fixated on it and think, It’s not fair, it’s not fair, it’s not fair, but it is what it is, and I just have to get on with my life.
On the haters:
If you are threatened by me as a female or you think I’m doing too much or saying too much or being too much of a provocateur, then no matter how great of a song I write or how amazing of a film I make, you’re not going to allow yourself to enjoy it, because you’re going to be too entrenched in being angry with me or putting me in my place or punishing me.
On mothering:
I’m a strict mother. My daughter doesn’t know why I won’t allow her to get everything pierced or a tattoo or dye her hair blond on the tips and pink at the roots. They just really want me to just be Mom and be normal, and don’t show up dressed in any outlandish way. Just come to school, do the parent-teacher meetings. I can’t even wear a tracksuit. That attracts attention too. You know, they don’t really want to see me as a famous person or a celebrity or somebody. They don’t get it right now. They think I’m a little quirky.

No comments:

Post a Comment