Saturday, February 11, 2012

Whitney Houston Has Died

RIP



Okay, I'm back and I still can't believe it. When this first came up on my inbox, I thought it was a hoax and then when I read that her rep confirmed it, I had goosebumps on my nails. Whitney was out with Ray-J the other night and her situation didn't look good, but I didn't think things were that bad. Whitney just shot the remake of Sparkle and I thought she was going to have a huge comeback. I thought she was going to outlive Bobb-aaaay B and everybody else. I was beyond wrong.
TMZ says that Whitney died at the Beverly Hills Hotel this afternoon. It was initially reported that Ray-J is the one who found Whitney in her hotel room, but that's not true. The paramedics were already at the hotel on an unrelated call, so they got to Whitney within minutes after somebody called 911. They tried to bring her back by giving her CPR, but it didn't work and she was pronounced dead at 3:55pm. Both Cissy Houston and Dionne Warwick spoke with Whitney before she died and said she seemed fine.
Whitney is survived by her daughter Bobbi Kristina.
There's really nothing for me to say except that this is really fucking sad. Whitney was all talent and she when she wasn't entertaining us with her voice, she was giving us gems like "Show me the receipts" (Which I use at least twice a day, right?) and "Hell to the no." This is just sad. The Grammys better scrap all of tomorrow night's show and give us a Whitney tribute starring only Dionne Warwick. The only person I want to hear from right now is Cousin Dionne.
Rest in peace, Whitney.


  1. Heartbroken and in tears over the shocking death of my friend, the incomparable Ms. Whitney Houston.
  2. Share
    My heartfelt condolences to Whitney's family and to all her millions of fans throughout the world.
  3. Share
    She will never be forgotten as one of the greatest voices to ever grace the earth.
  4. Other musicians were quick to share their condolences:
  5. Share
    I can't fathom the fact that #whitneyhouston has died! My heart goes out 2 her mother, daughter & her love ones. #Whitney U will be missed!
  6. Share
    We have lost another legend. Love and prayers to Whitney's family. She will be missed.
  7. Share
    I just can’t talk about it now. It’s so stunning and unbelievable. I couldn’t believe what I was reading coming across the TV screen.
  8. Share
    If I should die this very day... Don't cry!!! #DearWhitney
  9. Share
    Whitney Houston!!! OMG!! I really can't believe this.. This is one of the saddest days ever..
  10. Share
    RIP Whitney Houston.
  11. Share
    just heard the news. so crazy. One of the GREATEST VOICES EVER just passed. RIP Whitney Houston. My prayers go out to her friends and family
  12. Share
    My heart is weeping...RIP to the Legendary Diva & Icon Whitney Houston!!!!! Such an incredible influence over music as a whole!
  13. Share
    R.I.P. Sister WHITNEY HOUSTON!!!!! We will always love you.
  14. Share
    I'm so sad...whitney houston was so kind, sweet, wonderful, amazing, talented, and a true gift to the world...#iwillalwaysloveyou
  15. Share
    I can't believe this news about Whitney Houston..I am so upset, i loved her very much and I'll never forget her....another Angel gone 2 soon
  16. Share
    It's a tragedy. Whitney Houston was the greatest singer I've ever heard and she will be truly missed.
  17. Share
    I am so sad to hear about Whitney. We have lost one of the greatest singers of all time.